WHEN IN NYC

The last time I went to New York, I did not completely understand the hype, largely because I only explored one area of the city. This time around, the feeling was the exact opposite. (And meeting Jim Carrey and being two feet away from Bill Cunningham had little to do with it.)*


This past weekend, I traveled back to New York after more than a year to visit my friend Shereen.  The trip was eventful, to say the least.  We went to everywhere from a three floored Topshop with a live DJ to outside of Lincoln Center (Bill Cunningham may or may not have taken a picture of my shoes) to the exit of Radio City Music Hall at 12:30am.

But, as clichéd as it may sound, the best part about the trip was the tangible creativity present everywhere in the city.  I came back to Chicago not only with a slightly heavier suitcase but also a new and far more inspired outlook.  My style rut suddenly seemed nonexistent; my MUJI notebook filled with dozens of new ideas and projects. 

And I realized that I really, really missed my dog. 



Wearing: Thrifted turtleneck (similar Zara corduroy dress (similar)


Wearing: Thrifted turtleneck (similar Aritzia knit drawstring skirt (similar)


Wearing: Topshop t-shirt (similar Topshop mom jeans | Dr. Martens 1461s


Wearing: American Apparel bag Thrifted turtleneck (similar Aritzia overalls (similar) | Jeffrey Campbell boots 

The MoMA (highly recommend visiting!)



* Ok, maybe it did.

(Shereen took many of these photos.  I would say that a part II with photos taken on my film camera is soon to come, but most of the pictures were completely botched.)