PÉNÉTRABLE DE CHICAGO (AND TOAST)

Today I learned that transparent filaments can simulate the experience of being underwater--and that the front pocket of my overalls can fit a piece of slightly burnt toast perfectly.


There are many ways to take a selfie.  You can do the direct point-and-shoot (preferably not with an actual point-and-shoot camera but with a front-facing phone camera, for maximum ease), ask a stranger (or your mom) to take your picture, use a selfie stick (in the most dire of circumstances, of course).  

Or you can utilize art and its properties to your advantage, capturing a shot of the piece at hand while accidentally capturing yourself in the process.  Oops.

I relied on the latter this evening, choosing to document my #OOTD (I hate that abbreviation as much as you do) through capturing my reflection in various art pieces and playing around with others.  It encapsulated both my style and the Art Institute's eclectic collection, all in one shot.  Talk about multitasking.

Sincere apologies for not including the artists' names - I was too absorbed in the work (and people watching) to take note.  All photos were taken in the Modern Wing.


Pénétrable de Chicago by Jesús Rafael Soto



Wearing: Aritzia overalls  Thrifted turtleneck | Dr. Martens 1461s


And yes, a piece of toast can actually fit in my pocket: